The exisiting HMI (Human-machine Interface) software of the end-user will connect to our server using a TCP/IP connection. Our server techonology supports most data protocols that contain an address field (such as Modbus). It will also decodes the address field and uses a look-up table to direct the packet to the appropriate remote device. A connection between the HMI software and remote device is then created, allowing two-way transparent communications.
We can also provide our advanced i50 black-box that will act as an interface between the remote monitoring devices and our central servers. Each i50 connects using an RS-232 port, and buffers data for transmission over Yahsat satellite networks to provide global coverage.
To further reduce costs, a single i50 can server multiple monitoring devices using a simple spread spectrum or radio modem.
Our development for SCADA and Telemetry applications has a special remote intelligence. Indeed many SCADA systems use verbose protocols and rely on device polling to retrieve data. This generates a lot of traffic, which is not an issue when the link uses a dedicated network connection. However, this is often cost prohibitive when using packet satellite connections.
We have overcome this problem by introducing intelligent monitoring at the remote device. By issuing the appropriate commands to the RTU in the field, the black-box can send much smaller payloads over the network, and transmit only when required. This eliminates the need for frequent polling and allows the use of low cost satellite links on a global basis. Current implementations include NTCIP interfaces for highway signs and weather monitoring for example
A few advantages of our SCADA solutions :
- Communicate with remote system from the comfort and safety of your office from a single and unique interface we can adapt on demand to your needs
- Real time alerts on your compuer and smartphones
- No more trips to equipment location : save time and money
- Simple replacement of existing high-cost network links
- Security encryption available
- Transparent data transfer
- Multipoint data transmission
- Easy integration to existing IT infrastructure